June 30, 2016 | 10:13 am
To do before the semester begins
To do during the semester
- If your class requires equipment use, encourage your students to get their Maker Passes early; we recommend explaining how your class will use the Maker Pass in the syllabus and the first week of class.
- Tell your students about resources to help them explore design beyond your class; you can request a brief class presentation and/or building tour via Amy Dinh.
- Schedule machine-specific hands-on trainings for your class with Joey Gottbrath.
- Invite the Jacobs Design Fellows or Jacobs Design Specialists to attend design critiques, lead guest talks, or provide other design mentorship to your students.
- Keep an eye on the jacobs_teach mailing list, which we use to send important announcements to instructors.
To do at the end of the semester
- Know that classes are not held in Jacobs during RRR Week except by special request.
- Participate in the Jacobs Design Showcase (held on Wednesday and Thursday of RRR week).
- Invite your students to fill out the annual Jacobs student survey.