Fees and sign up details can be found through the button below. After sign up, click this button again to view a summary and receipt:
1. How much does a Maker Pass cost? What if I can’t afford it?
To see rates and options for Maker Passes, please click on the “Get Started” button above. We offer full and partial fee waivers to students based on financial need. Fee waiver eligibility is determined during the sign up process.
2. Why is there a fee to use the Jacobs Hall and CITRIS Invention Lab makerspaces, and what does it pay for?
The costs to operate the Jacobs Hall and CITRIS Invention Lab makerspaces include equipment maintenance, replacement, and improvements, staff salaries, and consumables. Maker Pass fees contribute less than 20% of the operating budget; the majority of our funding comes from private and industry philanthropy. We are grateful for this support, which enables us to heavily subsidize the cost of Maker Pass access for our community.
3. How can I learn more about the makerspace before I get a Maker Pass?
4. How do I know if I have an active Maker Pass?
Our online tool will show you if there are any steps you still need to complete. When all steps show complete, access will be activated on your Cal 1 Card in two business days.
5. Where can I find other making facilities on campus?
Browse a map of on-campus and nearby making facilities, some of which do not require a fee. Each facility has its own policies; visit their websites to learn more.
6. Do you offer public or alumni access?
Unfortunately we are not able to offer public or alumni access. For other fabrication resources, check out this map of local makerspaces.
Jacobs Institute and CITRIS Invention Lab staff reserve the right to revoke Maker Passes as they see fit due to violations of safety, building or university rules, policies, and procedures.