• There is no application fee to apply.
• This is NOT a graduate degree program! Though the application is hosted on the Graduate Division website, all students who have completed high school are welcome to apply (including future graduate students).
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants should expect to hear back within 2-3 weeks of submitting a complete application. Friday, June 30, 2023 is the final deadline for domestic applications. However, international applicants need to apply by May 15th, 2023 in order to accommodate visa processing timelines. Note space is limited and the program may fill before these deadlines.
1. On the application page, create a login account and click “Start New Application.”
2. Select “UC Berkeley Graduate Applications 2023-2024” as the application type and “2023 Programs” from the second drop-down, then click “Create Application.”
3. Find “Maker Launchpad” from the list of available applications and choose “Summer 2023” as the program term, then click “Continue.”
2. Continue by selecting “Create Application” and then, “Open Application.”
4. You will then be asked to provide the following:
• Your contact and demographic information
• An emergency contact
• A copy of your transcript
• Test scores for English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
• A response to a short essay